- This event has passed.
Virtual Lecture – The Development of the American Mantle Clock: 1815 to 1855
March 7 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
It’s about time! Join guest presenter Steve Sieracki for a full discussion and demonstration of Early American Mantle Clocks! This lecture will reveal the common stylistic and mechanical changes in the explosive youth of the American clock industry. We will discuss how changing resources and advances in technology coupled with American style and ingenuity, led to the development of these amazing timepieces.
Examples of the following styles will be shown and changes in the movement discussed:
- The pillar and scroll 1815 to 1825
- The transitional clock1820 to 1825
- The split column and splat clock 1830 1840
- The wood to brass movement transition. 1830-1840
- The triple decker 1830’s
- The Ogee 1850- 1890
- Weight driven & Spring driven
Cost: $15 per household for General Admission; $10 per household for HA Members, Military, and HA Docents