- This event has passed.
James Brice House Hard Hat Tour
November 18, 2017 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Have you ever wondered what preservation in progress really looks like? Beginning November 18th, take a peek behind the scaffolding in the James Brice House, where a major preservation effort has recently begun to restore the house to its 18th century grandeur. Schedule your own group tour or join one of our public tours to peer beyond the sawdust to learn about the people who built the house, lived and worked in it and the craftsmen restoring it today.
$18.00 per person
Tours will start from the William Paca House and Garden located at 186 Prince George Street.
A Few Precautions as the James Brice House is an Active Construction Area:
- Hard hats will be provided and must be worn at all times.
- Visitors must wear closed toed shoes—no sandals.
- Visitors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a participating adult (on a 1:1 ratio).
- This tour is not appropriate for children.
- No baby carriers or strollers are allowed.
- No dogs allowed.
- The tour will be both indoors and outdoors. The house will have limited heat, so please dress appropriately for your own comfort.
- There are no public restrooms available.
- Please contact us if you have any mobility issues as parts the tour may be difficult to access