- This event has passed.
Hands-On History Day: The Civil Rights Movement
January 8 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Visit the Museum of Historic Annapolis on the second Sunday of every month for Hands-On History Days. Drop in any time between 10 am and 2 pm for special family activities – a new theme each month means you and your family will want to visit again and again! Activities are included with Museum admission, which is 1/2 price on second Sundays.
In January, join us to learn about the Civil Rights Movement.
- Explore the Museum and interact with community members who participated in protests during the Civil Rights Movement in Washington D.C. and Annapolis
- Engage with an educator in our Curator’s Corner and view objects from the Civil Rights Movement
- Create your own activist sign
- Work together to craft blankets for our blanket drive service project
- Read stories about the Civil Rights Movement with your family in our Anne Arundel County Public Library Book Nook
The special Curator’s Corner experience will be offered at 11 am.
Advance registration recommended, but not required.
Cost: $5 General Admission; $2.50 Children (6-17); Free for Children under 6, HA Members, and SNAP/WIC recipients through the Museums for All program