Join Our Team!
Four Rivers is looking for a dynamic self-starter to join our team! Significant potential for advancement for the right person.
Heritage Programs Coordinator — Part-time
Four Rivers Heritage Area, Arundel Center, 44 Calvert Street, Annapolis, MD 21401
Four Rivers Heritage Area (one of Maryland’s thirteen certified heritage areas), a nonprofit organization with its office in Annapolis, seeks a part-time Heritage Programs Coordinator. Excellent interpersonal, writing, and communications skills are essential. Grants, tourism, museum, nonprofit management, and preservation experience are preferred. The Heritage Programs Coordinator works under the supervision of the Executive Director. This is an at-will position that is part-time (with flexibility in schedule).
Assist the Executive Director of the Four Rivers Heritage Area with coordination and implementation of all heritage area projects and programs and with general office administration. Projects and programs may include but are not limited to:
- Planning, including strategic planning, development planning, marketing planning, and 5-Year planning;
- The Mini-Grants program;
- The Annual Heritage Awards event;
- The Annual Maryland Day Celebration;
- Brochure, tour, trail, and map development;
- Publications and social media design, including newsletter articles, flyers, event programs, and graphics for a variety of purposes;
- Interpretive training and other skills training workshops;
- Active marketing and communications program including weekly E-newsletters, regular social media updates (including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram), website updates and calendar data entry;
- Coordination of regional roundtables, workshops, events, programs, meetings, etc., among heritage partners and others to facilitate communication, exchange information, and strengthen historical interpretation;
- Attend meetings as assigned;
- Work with local and regional tourist agencies, municipalities, legislators, heritage groups, and historical organizations on heritage-related initiatives;
- Administrative support includes taking meeting minutes, copying, scanning, filing, mailings, and general office duties.
Some travel may be involved; mileage reimbursed at federal rates.
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s degree in preservation, heritage tourism, nonprofit management, or the equivalent. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to work alone or in conjunction with others to complete projects in a timely manner. Outstanding attention to detail is required. Solid computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and WordPress. Strong writing, analytical, research, and speaking skills; extensive social media and marketing experience. Grant writing, grant administration, event management and fund-raising experience a plus. Hourly wage, rate commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to Carol Benson, Executive Director, Four Rivers Heritage Area, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled. Questions? Send an e-mail to email@example.com to schedule a call, thanks!