- This event has passed.
Colonial Yuletide Celebration
December 3 @ 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Location: William Paca House and Garden, 186 Prince George Street; Hogshead, 43 Pinkney Street
Time: 2 pm – 6 pm (timed entry on the hour)
You are cordially invited to celebrate a colonial holiday with Historic Annapolis! Bring the entire family to welcome yuletide at the William Paca House and Hogshead. It’s the year 1772, and you’ll experience the holiday traditions, music, and stories of Christmases past.
William Paca House and Garden
186 Prince George Street
- The Annapolis Living Historians will bring the Paca House to life! Meet William and Mary Paca and their friends as they fill this home with laughter, games of chance, gossip, and political news of the day.
- Be entertained by the colonial musical ensemble Bedlam as they regale you with holiday songs on harpsicord, guitars, flute, and more! It’s a holiday treat for the senses!
- Explore the decked halls of the Georgian mansion by candlelight, festooned with luminaries, boxwood, magnolia, and garlands. Delight in special presentations about holiday sweets and treats.
- Create special holiday crafts with your family and take them home for your tree or to deck your own halls.
- Meet “The Ornament Scribe” herself, artist Sarah Schabow, and continue your HA ornament collection! Two exclusive hand-painted ornaments will be available this year (more information will be shared soon).
43 Pinkney Street
- Continue the celebration at “Hogshead Tavern” on Pinkney Street where the middling sort and tradespeople are of good cheer.
- Enter the humble dwelling where fun and frolic await and enjoy flute music and garland demonstrations.
- Hear the news from Anne Catharine Green, printer and publisher to the colonies.
- Enjoy a sampling of a colonial sweet and cider!
Spend a fun afternoon with us at this joyous celebration! Your admission includes both sites, and you may begin your celebration at either location.
Advance registration strongly recommended; walk-ups will be accommodated as space permits.
Cost: FREE for HA Members and Volunteers; $12 General Admission; $7 Child (ages 3-17, free for 2 and under)