The Free School Act of 1723 was passed by the Colonial Assembly of Maryland. The law provided for the establishment of a Free School in each of the existing twelve counties. The Annearrundell County Free School, one-room schoolhouse, was located in what is now Davidsonville. Probably the only Free School from 1723 still standing, the Annearrundell County Free School now operates as a museum.
On Saturday, August 12, 2023 and on Sunday, August 13, 2023 the final Open Houses for this season will be held from 1:00 – 4:00 pm. Docents will be available to answer questions guests might have as they tour the building and the collection of educational artifacts on display.
Contact Karlie Everett at [email protected] for more information or to schedule a private tour after the August Open House season.