The seat of the Catholic Carrolls of Annapolis, the Charles Carroll House was the primary urban residence of its most famous owner, Charles Carroll of Carrollton. Today, the property, on the grounds of St. Mary’s Roman Catholic Church, is among the largest and most impressive historic sites in Annapolis. It is owned by the Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer (Redemptorists), a Roman Catholic congregation of of priests and brothers.
This historic house and garden was home to three generations of Carrolls and the birthplace of Charles Carroll of Carrollton (1737-1832), the only Catholic signer of the Declaration of Independence. Don’t miss the terraced garden overlooking Spa Creek.
The House is open Saturdays and Sundays from 12pm – 4pm. Admission is free.
Email for information at firstname.lastname@example.org